What are the benefits?
Research shows that mindfulness courses like MBSR and MBCT-L have many benefits. For example:
- Reductions in stress, depression and anxiety.
- Living with more equilibrium, worrying less and being better able to put things into perspective.
- Enabling those with chronic conditions to live more easily with pain and illness.
- Being appreciative of many of the little things in life, these can often be overlooked when we’re experiencing high stress levels.
- Becoming clearer about what is helping you and what brings you down.
- Developing a better life balance.
- An improvement in overall wellbeing.
- Improved relationships.
- Resilience skills to respond mindfully when life gets challenging.
No-one can guarantee all of these benefits for everyone, but anecdotal reports and the published research tell us that changes like these are very common and make the investment and effort of participating in a programme worthwhile.